November 16, 2011

Interpretive Dances

11/16/11

“I'm frying fries in a frying pan.”
“I will will myself to write a will.”
I'd said some things, to see if David was
Still the literate nut he was.

There's housework to do;
Ever a chore, ever, and forever.
It seems like since therapy
He's even more sick of me.

Sure, there's the issue of Tony, Rob & Troy;
It's a cry for attention, ten-hut!
Bucker-up, buckeroo;
We've got all sorts of shit to do.

This therapy, the kids say, is whack;
It ain't bringing their daddy back.
Crack-a-lac, Mac. I want my David back.
Was there ever a Daddy David, inside of that?

The kids tell me they won't play outside,
Because of all the times there I'd cried.
“Mommy, don't worry, don't fear,
Some day, Daddy will remember us, here.”

Things are complex, I will admit,
But there are still some things to keep.
Letters can be burned, pictures can be shredded –
It's all in my memory, deep and dark.

Dr. Clark tells me this is a typical phase,
Wherein the men en-flame, and rage.
This phase is putting us all in his cage;
Phases be damned. I want my man back.

Theodora Clark, doctor, MD;
We have appointments,
Every Wednesday at 3.
David says it's ironic.

Theodora tells me a man will
Burst at first, confronted with challenge;
I know our home isn't a palace,
And I'm no queen.

He's getting mean, bitter, and hard.
I'm starting to make Gollum jokes,
Because I can't take him, or his pissy bombard.
If he was 12, the girls would call him emo.

'Dora says he hates her,
Because she emanates strong resistance.
She says guys like it, to a point.
She says to keep up persistence.

David says he wants to quit;
Is it because she won't touch his dick?
So, a deaf chick would touch his nard..
Did he ever check her for ID cards?

I feel I lose him more,
When I tell him to call me a 'dirty whore'.
I was trying to liven things up,
But, that seems to have failed.

His prick is surrounded by a gentle nest
Of wispy grey whiskers.
My labia are getting all long.
No wonder we feel all wrong, getting naked.

I can't take this crap!
I'm over the edge.
He's climbing over the hedge,
To catch up with some new bitch to tap.